v1.0 First Release
v1.1 Bye Bugs
v1.3 The long awaited one(1) What is this for?
This elf displays a dock/bar on your screen in standby mode. It has some buttons, which you can select, and then start shortcuts, in the phone's menu, elves, java applications.(2) There was something like this before...
It's true. The same idea was implemented before starting making this elf. Why did I start it then? Simple. The old implementation, `Standby Dock` had too many problems, I couldn't stand it, but liked its idea too much.(3) Why should I use this then?
Of course it is your choice. But here I should tell some advantages.
(1) Internal shortcuts disabled, works fine with arrow keys (even if you have some shortcuts set in the phone's settings)
(2) It's not all bcfg and manual. Maybe that is the worst in `Standby Dock`.
(3) This has a great configuration mode with all you need to set it up:
-set shortcuts of menu (no typing needed, works as the phone's original shortcut setting)
-set elves (opens file manager for it)
-set java applications (opens a list of installed applications)
-reorder buttons (move up or down)
(4) Has some skinning support, drawing the bar from PNG images.
(5) Bar is set to fit screen perfectly, if the first item is selected, it fits to the screens left border, if the last, to the right border.
(6) Has bouncing animation, not only scrolling.
(7) Has vibration, when moving between items and when selecting them.
(8) Can be on bottom, top, left, right of the screen, horizontal or vertical.
It's like this for now, others don't come to mind. Of course feature requests are welcome.(4) Installation
This package contains:
-this readme file
-the ELF itself, put it anywhere, usually to Phone/Other/ZBin, but I think you will put it to Daemons.
-a folder called "DeskBar", this MUST be in Phone/Other/ZBin/Config (!!!) (so cfg file will be "Phone/Other/ZBin/Config/DeskBar/bar.cfg")
this folder contains the "skin elements", the look of the bar, these must be changed when new skin is installed (bg_top,bg_left,bg_middle,bg_middle_v,bg_bottom,bg_right,select,select_v png files)
When the folder is copied to its place, start the elf and enjoy, it will create its BCFG file (on Memory Stick).(5) Setting up
There are two major parts of configuration for this elf: bar.cfg and SE-lifestyle_DeskBar.bcfg
You are lucky, you won't have to edit either of them manually.
(1) Editing CFG
The best of this elf: Press Star key ( * ) 3 times on the standby screen. A new window will pop up, and let you configure buttons. You can have maximum 20 buttons in this version.
Here you can add new items, edit (rename, set shortcut to elsewhere, set picture, move up/down), delete items. I don't think it is necessary to explain how.
The usual way, start BcfgEdit.elf and select SE-lifestyle_DeskBar.bcfg. Its elements are also easy to understand, so it's not necessary to explain them.(6) You like it and want to do something great? Additionally know PhotoShop?
Then create skins for it. Of any size, the elf understands them. If you look closely, you'll see that bg_left and bg_right are the same, when creating a new skin, flip the images, that's the only way as of now.(7) Notes
This is the first version, only a few people saw it before releasing. So then it may lack features I didn't think about and so. Tested and working perfectly on my K550@W610
(screen size is 176x220).
Thanks go to: den_po, mryzeug, FreeMan8 and UltraShot for helping me some personally, Hussein for BookMan's source code, and all masterminds behind making elfpack.
To get language files, go to: http://www.se-lifestyle.com/wiki/elves:deskbar#language_files
If you can't find your own, please translate and send me the translation, so that I can add it to the list.
Regards, Peti.(8) Changelog
New in v1.1
* fixed: memory leaking with time, now memory usage, free heap is like constant
* fixed: when name of item was changed to empty string, it losed items, no more
* fixed: vibration problem (rebooting), ! needs AudioControl_Init(); in lib !
* fixed: DB2010 drawing, now it should draw on those phones nicely (I couldn't test it though)
+ unicode to win1251 added from bookman, should support Russian encoding, I'm not sure, couldn't test
+ can run only one instance, if you start it again, it says "Deskbar already running!" and closes
+ jumping from one end or other can be disabled
+ when selecting image for bar items, you can see thumbnails
* fixed: in Config, when "Add" is selected, you could delete first item and phone rebooted, no more
* fixed: when bouncing was disabled in bcfg, it was still bouncing
~ changed java icon, it should support more phones now
New in v1.2
* fixed: enable/disable animation in bcfg didn't work
* fixed: config key must be pressed 3 times once again
+ text fading, when you select a different item, the text disappears and the new one starts fading in
+ bar hiding, on key (cam focus is the default) or when walkman starts or when you lock keys
+ not redrawing screen when hidden (low CPU usage)
+ BCFG event for BookManager
* fixed WSOD when you pressed C on "Add new item"
+ bar does not detect keys when input is shown, like when writing a phone number
+ new encoding method for bar item names, read more at http://www.se-lifestyle.com/wiki/elf_techniques:unicode_in_ini
+ new config menu, with more options
+ quit button in config menu (to shut down deskbar)
+ language support, internally, a piece of source code must be translated (english.h)
+ bar moves continuously if you press and holt keys (previous or next item)
+ ADDED SKINNING SUPPORT, skin can be selected from config menu
+ SKIN EDITOR in the elf itself (this is why this release is so big)
~ some settings of bcfg were migrated to skins as text color is skin dependent
+ overriding bar left and right borders' widths, basically this means you can draw items on the borders, making better skins
+ shadow under text, color can be defined in skin settings
+ outline on text
New in v1.3
* fixed: critical bug when you started BcfgEdit from cfg menu
+ hiding bar when input is shown (telephone number)
+ hide the bar on user inactivity, after some time
* fixed: bug with DB2010 phones' keylock
+ added up and down keys, intelligent controls
+ added new button type: Phone Control (currently has keylock, silent mode, reboot, shutdown)
+ added new button type: submenu! they even scroll the bar to position
+ added fast scrolling (scroll boost), handy when you jump from one end to the other
~ memory optimization, only necessary space is allocated for bar items
* fixed: real unicode configuration file, allows many languages, like Russian, Arabic, Greek etc.
+ language files, in unicode, so allows those languages, lng can be chosen from cfg menu
+ skin option: has selected image
* fixed: bar detects keys while it's getting shown
+ skin option: icon top
+ tips to get skins :P
* fixed: problems with triple config key, should be fine now
+ warning shown if you try to use disallowed keys, center key, for example
+ warning shown when bar.cfg is missing
+ warning shown when skin is not found
+ warning shown if language file not found
+ translator information in BookManager
~ different method for saving config files
~ changed the other java icon too
When updating, delete your old bcfg file, and when you update from v1.2 (or older), delete your cfg file too.
Please comment in English
All screenshots and original topic: http://www.se-lifestyle.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=818www.se-lifestyle.comПеревод на русский:http://supertrubka.org/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3553&post_id=102354#102354
[ Edited by Peti в 6.2.09 16:10 ]